A330/340 TYPE RATINGPilot Training Courses
The course is designed to enable the trainee, to operate safely and efficiently in accordance with Airbus Standard Operating Procedures and to qualify for the issue of a type rating on the A330/340 aircraft.
This course is based on Airbus A330/340 Standard Transition Course and complies with Part-FCL as well as with the standards included in the Operational Suitability Data-Flight Crew A330/340 (OSD-FC A330/340).
Course Entry Requirements*
- Valid CPL, with ATPL theory written test pass
- Valid IR on multi-engine airplane
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- ICAO English Language (min. ICAO Level 4)**
- MCC Course Completion or be combined with type rating)
*If the appropriate regulatory agency and/or specific airline policy demands greater or additional requirements, they will also apply as a prerequisite
**The ELP level has to be endorsed on the license.
Type Rating Theory
Type Rating Practice
The Orange Flight Academy A330/340 Transition Course consists of:
- WBT (Web Based Training, (self-study, 7 days)
- APT (optional- 5 days)
- Theoretical Knowledge Training (in-classroom tuition including System test, 3 days)
- Cockpit Procedure Training, (8 Fixed Base Simulator Training Sessions, 8x3hrs)
- Handling Phase (7 Full Flight Simulator Sessions, 7x4hrs)
- LOFT Phase (2 Full Flight Simulator Session, 2x2hr)
- Skill Test, LPC-OPC (1 Full Flight Simulator Session, 1x4hrs)
- Low Visibility Phase /optional/ (1 Full Flight Simulator Session, 1x4hrs)
- ZFTT /optional/ (1 Full Flight Simulator Session, 1x2hrs)
- LIFUS Training Phase (min 10 sectors conducted on A330/340 aircraft)
Orange Flight Academy ATO A330 Course includes the following:
- PBN training as per Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/539;
- Upset Prevention and Recovery Training as per Commission Regulation (EU)2015/445, Part-FCL 725.A (c);
- Crew Resource Management & Threat and Error Management
- Low Visibility Operations (LVO) training (optional)
- Zero Flight Time Training (ZFTT) (optional)
The total course duration is 10 working days (excluding FNPT, Low Visibility simulator session, and Base training or Zero Flight Time Training).
- 10 days Theoretical Knowledge Training: 7 days of self-study and 3 days classroom training
- 8 days practical training: total of 8×4:00 = 32 hrs full flight simulator time excluding ZFTT, LVO practical training
- Flight phase: LIFUS Training
- WBT Self-study at home base
- Theoretical part: Athens, Greece or at SIM Centers.
- Practical A330/340 FBS/FFS at one of our partner Flight Training Centers.
- LIFUS Training. Completed with our contracted airlines upon request and availability