A320 Family TYPE RATINGPilot Training Courses
The course is designed to enable the student to operate safely and efficiently in accordance with Orange Flight Academy Standard Operating Procedures and to qualify for the issue of a type rating on the A320 aircraft.
This course is based on Airbus A320 Standard Transition Course and complies with Part-FCL as well as with the standards included in the Operational Suitability Data-Flight Crew A320 (OSD-FC A320).
Course Entry Requirements*
- Minimum age of 18 years old;
- Valid CPL, or higher (exp. ATPL frozen)
- Valid IR on a multi-engine airplane
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- ICAO English Language (min. ICAO Level 4)**
- MCC Course Completion (where applicable – can be combined with the Type Rating)
*If the appropriate regulatory agency and/or specific airline policy demands greater or additional requirements, they will also apply as a prerequisite
**The ELP level has to be endorsed on the license.
Simulator & Practical
Special Training Courses
- 13 days WBT Web-based training,
- Self-study online.
- 2 days Theoretical knowledge training
- In-classroom tuition
- Knowledge systems test
- 5 FNPT/APT Sessions (5 x 4hrs = 20 hrs total)
- 10-days Practical Flight Simulator Training (FBS/FFS)
- 8 sessions x 4 hours each = 32 hours total as PF/PM, including LOFT session.
- SKILL TEST (1 FFS session of 2 hours)
- 1-day ZFTT (1 FSS session of 2 hours for properly qualified pilots) OR
- 1-day BASE TRAINING (4 or 6 landings on an A32F aircraft)
For Non-experienced pilots optional:
- 1 day Jet Orientation Course (JOC), 1 FFS x 4 hours
- 3 days MCC on the type (if required)
- 3 FFS sessions (3×4 hours = 12h total as PF/PM)
- Airplane: 7-days LIFUS (minimum 10 sectors)
- PBN training as per Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/539;
- Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) as per Commission Regulation (EU)2015/445, Part-FCL 725.A (c);
- Crew Resource Management (CRM) & Threat and Error Management (TEM)
- Low Visibility Operations (LVO) training (1 FFS x 4hrs)
- Zero Flight Time Training (ZFTT)
- WBT Self-study at home
- Theoretical part: Athens, Greece, at partner’s Flight Simulator Training Centers
- Practical A320 FFS/FBS at partner’s Flight Simulator Training Centers
- Base training and/or LIFUS training: Completed with our contracted airlines upon request and availability